Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

His Needs, Her Needs

Considering our second wedding anniversary is one month from today, I thought I would share my review of one of my FAVORITE marriage books! :) (And trust me, I've read alot of them!)

His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Harley Jr.

Honestly, this book should be required reading material for anyone even thinking about getting married. I'm not kidding. It's written for all stages of marriage. The author explains the five most important needs to each spouse in alternating chapters. An affair is much more likely to occur if those top five needs aren't being met, because often (sometimes even unintentionally) the spouse will look elsewhere in search of having those needs met.

The top five needs for wives are affection, conversation, honesty and openness, financial support and family commitment. The top five needs for husbands are sexual fulfillment, recreational companionship, an attractive spouse, domestic support and admiration.

You may be thinking the "Attractive Spouse" chapter sounds shallow and demeaning. But it's not, I promise. The author is not saying that you need to look like a super model for your spouse. He is simply saying that you should show your husband how much you love him, and if that means wearing a pair of jeans instead of yoga pants, then try it! :) Trust me...since I became a mommy of two, my husband has seen more than his share of yoga pants, but if I am not completely exhausted by the time he gets home from work, I try to look nice for him. Your actions will speak volumes to him.

The last few chapters of the book are dedicated to couples struggling with an affair (past or presently), and how to overcome it.



My husband and I own this book and it has become our most common purchase for wedding gifts! I rate it at 5 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment