Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Usborne Write Your Own Adventure Stories

Today I wanted to share with all of you one of my brand new Usborne books that I just got in the mail! I've been super excited about this book ever since I first heard about it, so of course I couldn't wait to write a review!

The Write Your Own Adventure Stories book is a interactive writing book that teaches children how to write a great story! It will teach your budding writer how to plan a story, create a character, show-not tell (meaning describe to the reader what is going to happen next), and start talking which gives kids a great introduction to dialogue and making their characters talk.

Next up is the Story Writing section which will give your child 14 writing prompts where they will have to figure out what happens next. These range from being a castaway on an island to an alien landing on earth. Also included are some great adjectives to get your little one thinking like a writer!

This book also includes some excellent story writing tools such as showing how to create a good title and how to create the perfect heroes and villains.

If you have a child who loves to write, then this is the perfect book for them! You could easily use this as a fun activity for school, or even just an extracurricular activity. I think that this book shows children that writing can be fun and it's not just something you have to learn for school, but it's something you will always use.

It includes bright and colorful pictures and the book itself is on rings so you can easily turn the pages and write without having the book close on you. I will be giving this book to my almost 9 year old but I think children from 8 up to 13 or 14 will enjoy this book!


If you would like to purchase a copy, please visit my Usborne book site: https://l4508.myubam.com/p/5019/write-your-own-adventure-stories-ir
                                                                                                                                                             

2 comments:

  1. I like the ring binding, I think they are easier for kids to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing on the Kid Lit Blog Hop! Writing activities like these are important for young kids.

    ReplyDelete