Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Fairest Beauty

I bought this book last week after I heard excellent reviews on it from all of my favorite blogs! :) I love anything to do with fairy tales and princesses so of course, I was interested when I heard about it!



"The Fairest Beauty" is written as a new twist on the classic story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Many of the characteristics are still the same. Sofie (Snow White) visits "The house of the Seven", who aren't exactly dwarfs but rather misfits and outcasts. She receives a poisonous apple from a mysterious visitor and later finds out it was her evil stepmother. 

But still there are enough differences in the stories to keep you glued to the pages for hours upon end! Sofie finds that she has not just one Prince Charming seeking her, but two! Although the second one was quite by accident. Although Valten Willhelm (future duke of Hagenheim has been Sophie's betrothed since they were children, Duchess Ermengard faked Sophie's death when she was a young child and kept her as a scullery maid. No one but a few servants knew Sophie was still alive. Valten and his family had presumed she was dead until a former servant of Duchess Ermengard  suddenly shows up in Hagenheim telling of Sophie's whereabouts. 

None of the Willhelm's know the elderly woman but they all believe this tale is worth checking out. Unfortunately, Valten has suffered a broken leg and is unable to travel by horse. The journey must wait a few weeks until he can walk. Valten's younger brother Gabehart, who is mischievious and immature decides to take matters into his own hands and rescue the damsel himself. Why should his brother get all of the glory? Gabe decides it is his time to shine and sets off immediately to find Sophie. He would return in a few weeks to deliver Valten his bride.

What no one could have guessed though, was that Gabe would fall in love with Sophie. Will they break their own betrothals to be together?

I had a hard time putting this book down! I read it in a matter of two days and lost a few hours of sleep. ;) I would highly recommend this book and I rate it as 5 stars! 


1 comment:

  1. oooh! I got this for my birthday! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete